Monday, September 12, 2022

Blog #1 Five News Sources

As of 2022, there are more than 3,000 different news outlets. Technology has made a huge impact on our society and is vital when providing information to citizens. With technology growing, news outlets are also providing their listeners with thousands of different ways to receive their information.

Instagram - Apps on Google Play

Typically, I receive most of my news through social. media. I found Instagram to be the most useful form of social media to receive news from because it is quite easy to navigate through. Instagram allows us to follow specific news sources, follow hashtags, repost, as well as search relevant topics. Instagram can give you a good introduction to current world issues. After learning about an issue via Instagram you’re able to jump on the internet and dive deeper. All news platforms have Instagram accounts which establishes credibility and keeps us up to date. Instagram allows us to follow who we want and stay up to date. It can also show us what is not covered by a major news source. As an active social media user, Instagram makes it much easier to navigate through current topics.


Fox News - Wikipedia


The next source I would choose to use would be Fox News. Living right outside of D.C. for 15 years has heavily influenced my political beliefs. While I know Fox is known for biased reporting, it is also the most watched and highest-rated cable news network. I grew up watching Fox News with my parents which introduced me to politics at a young age. I believe staying up to date with your preferred news channel keeps you well-informed.

VICE News

As a middle schooler, I really started to enjoy watching documentaries on YouTube. Then through YouTube, I found Vice News. When I want to learn about worldwide issues that are not typically covered on cable news I turn to Vice. I don’t listen to everything Vice published because it is very Left-Center Biased. I follow Vice for the documentary route that focuses more on third-world countries or poverty in America. Vice holds a lot of anonymous interviews which I really enjoy watching because it gives you a deeper perspective than cable news can.

The Washington Post Jobs and Company Culture


The Washington Post was delivered to my house every day for 15 years. I always viewed it as a very reliable source, and it is typically placed in the top ten for being one of the most reliable and trustworthy news sources. It is extremely credible and what makes the Washington Post different is that they account for mistakes by having their reporters fact-check their content. The Washington Post has won the Pulitzer Prize over 65 times which made my family continue their subscription to the post for 15 years.


Why Word of Mouth Marketing Is So Effective (+How You Can Use It)


Lastly, word of mouth. I am surrounded by so many people every day that are always keeping me up to date on current issues. Wherever I am, those I am surrounded with are always talking about what is going on in the world. Word of mouth is the original news source and has kept the world moving and conversating for years on end.  Word of mouth allows us to discuss, debate, and be informed by our peers. I think it’s extremely vital to talk with others about this because it can introduce us to new ideas and help us understand others' opinions.



No comments:

Post a Comment

FINAL BLOG POST

Technology has had a profound impact on virtually every aspect of our lives. It has changed the way we communicate, the way we work, and the...